DGA gives experienced dairy farmers the opportunity to shape the future of the industry.
SHARE your knowledge and skills within a structured program for mentoring a next generation grazier.
DEVELOP a skilled employee who is prepared for positions in management, partnerships, and farm ownership.
RECEIVE professional financial analysis and business planning support.
EXPLORE new models of investment, equity building, and farm transfer.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE in your own operation as well as in the life of an individual or family who is ready to own or manage a dairy farm.
It's easy to get started!
To apply, review intructions below and then click on the APPLY button:
1) Register for a DGA account
- Fill in contact information
- Select notifcation option (text or email)
- Create password and confirm a account
2) Complete Master Application Process
- Confirm that you meet program requirments
- Describe your operation, experience, and goals
- Choose your settings: visibility mode, candidate type sought, notifcation options
- Submit your Master Application
3) Receive Welcome email from DGA
- Read information about the program
- Add email@example.com to your email contacts
- Download attached procedure document
4) You will be assigned a DGA Education Coordinator who will
- Contact you to arrange for an interview and farm visit
- Conduct a farm assessment and make recommendation
5) Once approved as a Master, you are responsible for hiring an Apprentice and may
- Receive notice of new Apprentice applications
- Contact candidates directly or through website
- Make modified version of profile (without direct contact) visible to candidates
- Receive messages through the website
6) Sign In to the DGA website any time in order to
- Search for Apprentice/ Intern by browsing candidates who have choosen your location, state or region, using key word
- Click on Apprentice map to search for local candidates and view profiles
- Answer messages from Apprentice candidates, Education Coordinator, and Staff
- Update your profile or change settings in Master Application
Questions about the Master application process?