DGA gives experienced dairy farmers the opportunity to shape the future of the industry.
SHARE your knowledge and skills within a structured program for mentoring a next generation grazier.
DEVELOP a skilled employee who is prepared for positions in management, partnerships, and farm ownership.
RECEIVE professional financial analysis and business planning support.
EXPLORE new models of investment, equity building, and farm transfer.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE in your own operation as well as in the life of an individual or family who is ready to own or manage a dairy farm.
It's easy to get started!
To apply, ckick on the APPLY button below and follow these instructions:
1) Register for a DGA account on the first page
- Fill in contact information
- Choose a password
2) Fill out Master Application on the second page
- Describe your operation, experience, and goals
- Select seeking mode and notification option
- Answer remaining questions
- Submit your Master application
3) Confirm your account via email or text message
4) Receive Welcome email from DGA
- Read information about the program
- Add email@example.com to your email contacts
- Download attached procedure document
5) You will be assigned a DGA Education Coordinator who will
- Contact you to arrange for an interview and farm visit
- Conduct a farm assessment and make recommendation
6) As an approved Master, you are responsible for hiring an Apprentice and may
- Receive notice of new Apprentice applications
- Contact candidates directly or through website
- Make your profile visible (without last name or contact info) to Apprentice candidates
- Receive messages through the website
7) Sign In to the dga-national website any time in order to
- Search for Apprentices via map, key word or list
- Answer messages from Apprentice candidates, Education Coordinator, and Staff
- Update your profile or change settings
Questions about applying? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org