Are you serious about dairy farming? We're looking for motivated candidates.
GAIN knowledge and experience within a structured program of support under the guidance of an experienced dairy grazier.
DEVELOP skills that will prepare you for positions in management, partnerships, and farm ownership.
RECEIVE professional financial analysis and business planning support.
EXPLORE new models of investment, equity building, and farm transfer.
ACHIEVE your dream of becoming an independent dairy farmer and help shape the future of the dairy industry.
Before you apply, please review the
Apprentice Candiate Tip Sheet
to learn how to write a strong application and about the expectations of the matching process. Then review steps below and click on the APPLY button to get started:
1) Register for a DGA account
- Choose to register as Apprentice
- Select notifcation option (text or email)
- Fill in contact information
- Create and confirm a password
2) Complete the Apprentice Application Process
- Confirm porgram and residency requirments
- Describe your education, experience, and goals
- Select location(s) and position type (Apprentice or Pre-Apprenticeship Intern)
- Secondary contact (optional)
3) Confirm your account via email or text message
4) Receive Welcome email from DGA
- Read information about the program
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts
- Download attached procedure document
5) Masters are responsible for hiring an Apprentice and may
- Receive notice of your application
- Contact you directly or send message through website
- Make their profile available to Apprentice applicants
6) Sign In to the DGA website any time to
- Search for Masters with an available profile
- Answer messages from Masters and DGA Staff
- Update your profile or change settings
Questions about applying? Contact email@example.com