Approved Masters seeking an Apprentice, Intern or Journey Dairy Grazier can post position descriptions to the Job Board. Apply for a job by filling out an Apprentice application. You will have the option to message Master directly and to make your profile visible to other Masters.
Farm Manager, Organic Grass Dairy
Seeking a motivated non-smoking family or individual with organic dairy experience to operate and manage a 200 cow grazing-based organic dairy.
Duties include but not limited to:
- responsible for general farm operations related to livestock, soils, pastures and crops
- responsible for daily milking with attention to quality and procedure
- responsible for reproduction, animal health and herd productivity
- responsible for pasture management
- assist with field work
- assist with farm projects and building or maintenance projects
- general daily farm work including feeding, scraping, cleaning
- general repair and maintenance of equipment and facilities
- general upkeep and cleanliness of house, lawn, farmstead, buildings, fencing and land
- prepare farm for state and federal inspections
- continue education of organic crop and livestock inputs and production methods