Approved Masters seeking an Apprentice, Intern or Journey Dairy Grazier can post position descriptions to the Job Board. Apply for a job by filling out an Apprentice application. You will have the option to message Master directly and to make your profile visible to other Masters.
Our dairy apprentices plays a key role in ensuring milk quality and production goals while maintaining a healthy herd. Morning milking is at 5am and evening milking is at 5PM. A high level of organization is required to balance this hands-on position. Milking practices are meticulous to ensure the high quality and safety of our raw milk, and thereby the best possible cheese made at Jasper Hill.
• Milking cows in a tie stall barn
• Rotational grazing & pasture management
• Ensure that optimal herd health, reproduction, and good animal welfare practices are maintained
• Ensure animals are handled in a way consistent with the cleanliness & hygiene needed to make raw milk cheese
• Actively engage with PC Dart and internal file maker program to record production & herd health
• Experience working with animals
• Education or experience in managing a small business preferred
• Strong communication skills; computer skills; attention to detail
• Experience running farm equipment
• Able to learn quickly, ask questions, share concerns, seek information/answers, problem solve
• Independently motivated and team oriented
• Must be able to lift 60 lbs.