SpringWood Farm, a DGA approved Master farm site in Kinzers, PA, is hosting an Organic Valley organized event here on Thursday, September 7, 2017! Dr Silvia Able-Caines and Sara Flack will be presenting at this advanced workshop on a range of topics in classroom setting and on pasture.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Energy dense rations for 100% grass-fed dairy cows
- Strategies to maximize pasture intake on the lactating herd
- The Graziers Toolbox: Improving Productivity and Quality
- Connecting the Dots: From Quality Grass, to Healthy Cows, to Quality Milk
- Farmer Panel for an hour in the afternoon followed by some info on the Grass-fed standards.
- Optional visit to the SpringWood nanny/calf herd a few miles away
Plenty of good healthy food to go around. Early bird registration ($35) ends August 28 and late registration is $50. Handful of sponsors listed in the program are doing a good job at keeping the costs down.
To find out more about this event and request a registration brochure, contact DGA Education Coordinator, Aaron de Long, at 215-804-4731 or 484-680-3778 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about SpringWood Farm